Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Presentations: Great job everybody!

Last class consisted of group presentations, which were all very well done! I left the class having tons of things to think about. The snacks were also amazing; delicious cookies, thank you! And now that I mention that I realize that I haven't mentioned snacks in any other blog post! That being said I will say it now: thank you to everyone for bringing snacks! They have all been so great, I love leaving class with a good sugar high!

Anyway to get back on track here. I liked seeing how everyone chose a different way to present their information. Just goes to show how many great tools are out there! My quick thoughts and appreciations on the presentations:

- BYOD: I thought using Today's Meet during the presentation was a really good idea! I had completely forgotten about that tool, which I now remember learning about in Devin Caldwell's PD. In a school that allows BYOD this would be a great tool to use in the classroom. Thanks for the reminder! Also really liked the infographic used to represent the stats; quick and to the point, and attractive!
- The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: It was interesting to hear about the bad aspects of the internet. But I was happy to see that the good aspects outweighed the negative in the end! You gave a great list of GOOD resources too. Thanks!
- Should Schools use Filters? : Thanks to this presentation I now have two new tools to add to my toolbox: Glogster and Padlet. Glogster looks like a really neat way to make a presentation. I will have to try that out. Padlet would be great to use in the classroom; I hope to try that too!
- How Not to Steal From the Internet : First off, awesome video at the beginning! This was a great topic because I am sure it is relevant to everyone. I know that I am guilty of stealing from the Internet, in terms of citing (unintentionally of course!), especially when I think back to high school. Thank you for creating the website with all this information. I am sure it will come in handy for me!

Thanks again everybody for the great presentations!

Looking forward to tomorrow's class... Mmmmm Chilli Chutney's. And tech help!

No comments:

Post a Comment