Thursday, January 10, 2013

Technology.. Not my close friend!

Technology and I.. We aren't the best of friends. Often I find myself frustrated by the hardships and confusion I nearly always feel when it comes to anything technologically related. I tend to think I just wasn't born with that gift! When it comes to blogging, web related social networking, etc. I tend to steer clear. However recently I have come to realize that technology, while difficult at times, is nearly always worth the fight. Even though I have my fair share of hair-pulling experiences with technology, it really is the best and most efficient way to gain and share educational resources.

Thanks to my ICT courses I was able to finally reach this conclusion! I have already gained a ton of web resources, and learned of new tools to use in the classroom. This blog will be a place to share my new experiences and insights into the world of technology. I may have said it before.. But I am excited and committed to this new journey!

Here is to change!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world Adrienne! I definitely agree that technology is almost always worth the fight. It can be hard to overcome confusing programs, unreliable connections, lack of resources, etc but when it all comes together we can accomplish some really great things with our students!
    I'm looking forward to reading about your tech journey :)

    Miss L
    Miss L’s Whole Brain Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, I am also a neophyte when it comes to technology. Actually, I am relieved that Kelsey and I aren't the only ones in the class who will be asking lots of questions and getting help from experts like Tyler and Kirsten. And Kirsten is correct when she said that the fight is worth it. What we learn in this class will make us better teachers!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging, Adrienne. It definitely can be a struggle, but persistence is definitely worthwhile.
    I look forward to learning and sharing together.

    PS - I really like your background picture.
    PPS - I have also not heard of Sperling, but I'm looking it up now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adrienne, sounds like you are not the only one who has felt this way regarding technology! Sometimes I feel as though everyone else in my technology class always knows what they are doing when I don't, however I think we are finding out that we are not alone!! Keep chugging along and I'm sure the experience will be worth it!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I consider myself decently talented with technology, and it still scares me. It is constantly changing and evolving, but most of the times it is for the better. Good for you for facing your fear, and the fight will be well worth it! The blogging will also grow on you! I've only done two posts so far, and I've found it slightly addicting. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete